Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mankind Project: New Warrior Training Adventure GBTQ Gateway

From Papa Tony:


It has been almost exactly a year since I went through the New Warrior training, but I did it waaaaay up in Northern California. Now, we have the pleasure of hosting a New Warrior Training in May in San Diego, that is specifically aimed at Gay, Bi, Trans and Questioning men.

Since I went through my initiation weekend a year ago, I have probably attended fifty events with the Mankind Project, and staffed multiple initiation weekends. It's like vitamins for my soul. I have made HUGE strides in my personal growth.

I am a bold, open and proud gay leatherman. If anything, it has made me incredibly popular (rather than shunned), because the culture within the Mankind Project rejoices in diversity.


As I commented at the end of the Butchmanns Experience Weekend, the next big, powerful step for our brothers is to take this important and life-changing training. It's the best thing I know.

In my own case, I am an active mentor for many, many men. So, where do I go for answers? The Mankind Project. It is an environment where growth and transformation are encouraged and enabled.



From Sir Magnum:

I'm very excited about coordinating and bringing this event to San Diego!

The New Warrior Training Adventure (NWTA) was a catalyst for change in my life, relationships, my communities and made a positive impact on how I show up as a man who is authentic, fully expressed and able to deal with life's problems with integrity, accountability, and responsibility.
I'm grateful that a man (mentor) in my life suggested that I attend this powerful training years ago.


Check out this video from Wentworth Miller, who starred in the hit TV show "Prison Break": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bHScdwg8W4

The Mankind Project (MKP USA) is redefining mature masculinity for the 21st century. We're looking for men willing to step through fear and into the challenge of their lives. Men who are not afraid to revolt against repressive social norms, to take off their masks, breakthrough their personal barriers, and be ready to take real risks and step into their full power!

We're looking for men who are not afraid to inhabit ALL the characteristics required of men in these changing times. Characteristics such as resiliency, integrity, courage, creativity, innovation, adaptability, compassion, empathy, radical self-responsibility, inclusivity, generosity, and respect.

The Mankind Project flies in the face of rigid stereotypes about Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning Men (GBTQ) in a culture that seems to be comfortable with mediocrity and passivity from men. We're asking men to go right up to their edge... and go beyond it.

The Mankind Project's "New Warrior Training Adventure" (NWTA) is to take men on a weekend journey to connect their head to their heart, to examine their lives and create deeper, powerful and more joyous ways of living.

The NWTA is an experience relevant to our current times that honors sacred masculinity inspires men to determine their mission in life and empowers men to take action in the world.

This NWTA is a GBTQ Gateway that is focused on the needs of GBTQ men and is facilitated and staffed by GBTQ men. The Mankind Project is open and sensitive to the issues of GBTQ men and understands what it is like to walk in your shoes.

There is a space waiting for you! To find out more go to mankindpride.com or mkpsd.org (Mankind Project San Diego) and to enroll and register call 858-472-2993 or 619-708-0846.




From Art Garcia:

Register online https://nwta.mkp.org/how-do-i-register
select San Diego May15-17 GATEWAY
OR contact me, Art Garcia (619)708-0846
Or MKP SD (858) 473-2993
mkpsdenroll AT gmail.com



Men! If you accepted the invitation and intend to staff, thank you and signup online:
http://mkpconnect.org/staffops1





No comments:

Post a Comment